Dr. Mandal offers photos for your viewing and encourages you to make an appointment for a consultation so she can learn your aesthetic surgical goals.

view more »

"For the first time in my life, I do not have bags under my eyes. I am thrilled I am thrilled with the results..."

-LH, West Palm Beach

read more »

Click here to like us on Facebook

Visit our Facebook Page for more information from Dr. Anita Mandal.

Click Here »

Minimal Invasive Procedures: Real Vs. Hoax?

Posted: 6:00 a.m. Sunday, June 25, 2017

By Anita Mandal, M.D.
Question: I really don’t want a facelift but some of my friends claim it’s the only way to go for facial aging, if you want a worthwhile result. Are minimal invasive procedures a hoax?

Answer: Minimal invasive procedures have been on the rise for the past two decades. If they did not work, patients would not keep returning for more treatments. The most popular minimal invasive cosmetic procedures are done on the face with the total number reaching over 15 million in 2016, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This was a 3 percent increase from 2015.

With the majority of these minimal invasive cosmetic procedures being performed on the face, it becomes even more important to seek a skilled Facial Plastic Surgeon who understands the aging anatomy unique to the face and focuses on a “natural looking” aesthetic.

Out of the 15.4 million minimally invasive cosmetic procedures performed last year, 10.9 million of those procedures were injectable treatments. That means nearly 62 percent of these procedures were either Botox, injectable fillers or both with the remaining 38 percent being lasers, peels, skin treatments and other cosmetic procedures.

However, 10 years ago, while Botox and injectable fillers had already flooded the market, they did not last very long and patients became more focused on longevity. Even many lasers back then had prolonged recovery or just didn’t work.

Today, we have injectable fillers like Bellafill with long term results lasting 5 years. There are effective “laser” devices such as the Infini RF which can treat fine lines and aging skin texture as well as non-surgically tighten and lift sagging face and neck skin. Cutting edge stem cell therapies and growth factor technologies also enable us to set back the clock. These advances in technology are allowing patients to receive minimal invasive cosmetic treatments that are not only effective but also have greater longevity.

We are approaching a time when facelifts may become obsolete or only be reserved for complicated patients or those who have not taken advantage of the benefits and cost-effectiveness of early intervention with the minimal cosmetic invasive therapies available to them.

 

Original Source:

Date of Birth

Enter the characters below:
captcha
*required
Find A Plastic Surgeon
We offer 0% financing to our patients. Visit our financing page to learn more.

click here »

Dr. Mandal's practice is located in the heart of Palm Beach Gardens. Take a tour!

click here »

Click here to ask Dr. Mandal a question and she will personally get back to you (no fees given via e-mail).

click here »

Bella Diamond Award